Search This Blog

Friday, August 25, 2000

Why I Am Balding

Top Ten Reasons Why I, As A Preacher, Am Balding
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
10. Out of consideration for God! Matthew 10:30 says that God numbers every hair on our heads, so I thought I would make His job easier!

9. The gleam from my forehead makes me look angelic while preaching.

8. The last hairpiece I had flew off while I was making a particularly forceful plea from the pulpit.

7. Youth group, 'nuff said!

6. Three boys and two girls, double 'nuff said!

5. People were always mistaking me for Fabio, so I had my hair surgically removed!

4. Proverbs 16:31 says, "Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life." So I figured gray AND bald was even better!

3. Hey, when I repent, I REPENT! (Isaiah 22:12)

2. I look at it as a sign that the old is being recreated as a less-hairy-more-Christ-like-new!

1. Paul teaches, "if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him"( 1 Corinthians 11:14). So I figure no hair must really be an honor! "I’m a preacher who is not losing hair, but rather gaining face!"

No comments:

Post a Comment